Mounir Saouma of Lucien Le Moine in Burgundy is, once again, on a mission to raise a significant amount of money for the Institut Curie. Built in 1920 by Marie Curie, The Institut Curie in Paris is one of the top leaders of research in the world and is celebrating 100 years of researching, teaching and treating cancer this year. In honor of this milestone, the amazing Mounir has organized an absolutely extraordinary direct-from-the-producers lot of wines to auction (beginning now through Friday, February 15, 2019), in addition to offering a personal tour and tasting of 16 Grand Crus from Clos de Beze to Montrachet at Lucien Le Moine. Through this auction lot and the generosity of wine lovers, Saouma is hoping that this effort can support the important work done to save lives.
Collectors have the opportunity to reach out directly (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org) to bid on the entire lot. There is currently an offer of 80 000 €, but they are not stopping there in an effort to receive higher bids. If they are not satisfied with the best offer on Friday, February 15, at 4pm French time (10am EST), they will consider auctioning the lots individually. Time is of the essence!
The comprehensive offering is below.
Final Auction Lot to Support 100 years of Fighting against Cancer at Institut Curie:
The winner of the below lot will also be gifted with a morning tour at Lucien Le Moine of Grand Cru from Clos de Bèze to Montrachet, followed by lunch for two in the Beaune cellar prepared by a Michelin star chef. El Bulli used to call this the “The Magic Tour,” which includes a tasting of 16 Grands Crus, stopping to taste Echezeaux, Grands Echezeaux , Clos de Vougeot and Musigny. The experience continues with a tasting of Criots Batard, Batard, Chevalier and Montrachet. The lunch that follows will also be enhanced with extraordinarily rare wines, like the Le Moine Vosne-Romanee Gaudichots, and a selection of older vintages.
- 3L Château Petrus 1996
- 3L Hommage Jacques Perrin 2013
- 6L Ornellaia 2015
- 3L Chateau Latour 2006
- 3L Comte Liger Belair Vosne Romanée 1er Cru Brulées 2008
- 3L Cristal Louis Roederer 2007
- 3L Roberto Voerzio La Serra 2004
- 3L Roberto Voerzio Riserva Vecchie Viti Capalot & Brunate 2004
- 6L Nuits St Georges 1er Cru Clos Maréchal Rouge JF Mugnier 2008
- 3L Echezeaux Domaine Dujac 2011
- Magnum Salon 2007
- Magnum La Tache Domaine de la Romanée Conti 2009
- Magnum Bienvenu Batard Montrachet JC Ramonet 2015
- Magnum The Flight Screaming Eagle 2015
- Magnum Cedric Bouchard Les Ursules 2014
- 6L Ermitage le Pavillon Chapoutier 2010
- 3L Ermitage l’Ermite Chapoutier 2012
- 3L Pavillon Blanc Château Margaux 2012
- 5 L Cognac Lheraud Vieille réserve de Paradis
- 9L Romanée St Vivant Lucien Le Moine 2007
- 3L Montrachet Lucien Le Moine 2007
- 3L Vosne Romanée 1er Cru Gaudichots Lucien Le Moine 2009
- 3L Pingus 2010
- 3L Clos St Hune Trimbach 1993
- 3L Donnhof Hermannshohle GG. 2012
- 3L Sandrone Le Vigne 2000
- One bottle each: E. Guigal La Landonne 2015, La Turque 2015, La Mouline 2015
All direct from the Producers.
In two decades of work, Lucien Le Moine has become one of the most talked about Burgundy producers, making some of the most sought after wines from the region. The approach is extreme – two people, together doing everything by hand, working with a dazzling array of Burgundy’s great terroirs.