< News

Harvest in Champagne, France with Bollinger

September 18, 2019

Cool Hunting reporter Evan Malachosky had the rare opportunity to experience the start of harvest in Champagne with Bollinger. The first of two upcoming pieces, he shares with readers background on the Champagne region and how “90% of the vineyards as far as the eye can see are grower-owned. The other 10% lie in the hands of houses like Bollinger.”  He elaborates about his time working the vineyards, adding that thegrapes “were plump, compact, expectedly delicious, and bound to make excellent wine.” Lastly, he speaks to what it was like to be part of the centuries-old tradition of harvesting, noting that it feels “magical, especially when your hard work results in Champagne and the setting is the serene hills of the eponymous region.” Read the full story HERE

Related Producers

    Champagne Bollinger

    Champagne, France

    Bollinger is one of the rare Grande Marques that’s still family owned. Known for its rich, elegant and polished style of Champagne, their outstanding wines are the result of rigorous attention to detail and incredibly labor-intensive practices that few houses are willing to undertake. Underscoring its excellence, Bollinger has remained British secret agent James Bond's Champagne of choice since 1973.